Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a specialty of Dentistry that combines dental, medical, and surgical knowledge and skills.
Maxillofacial refers to the region of the facial skeleton and includes bones of the forehead, cheekbone, face, and jaws and regional soft tissues.
What are some reasons to visit an Oral-Maxillofacial Surgeon?
- For replacement of missing teeth with dental implants.
- Have oral surgical procedures performed in the office under outpatient ambulatory anesthesia.
- Have a jaw, oral, or facial cyst or tumor diagnosed, removed and reconstructed.
- Have your jaw aligned with orthognathic surgery.
- Have your jaw joint(s) repaired with TMJ surgery.
- Have facial and jaw reconstruction following cancer surgery.
- Have your facial bones realigned after facial trauma.
- Have a consultation to determine whether you are a candidate for aesthetic surgery.
- Have a tooth extracted.