Right time to get braces:
Teeth appear crooked or out of alignment between the aged of 6 to 12 years, when the permanent teeth are erupting. This bad bite may be inherited or result from events in the child’s development. Every child must receive an orthodontic evaluation by the age of seven. Early examination and treatment may help prevent or reduce the severity of crooked permanent teeth and deformities in jaw development.
How long does Lingual Orthodontics treatment take:
Lingual Orthodontics varies, but it may take from 18 to 30 months to complete. For adults,treatment may take a little longer because the facial bones have stopped. But whatever your age, keeping your teeth and gums healthy during orthodontic treatment will help keep treatment time on track.
- Brush thoroughly at least three times a day especially after eating.
- Use fluoride toothpaste with a soft – bristled tooth brush specially designed to clean around your braces.
- Clean between teeth daily to remove plaque from areas your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Use a fluoride mouth rinse at least once daily to prevent cavities.
- Eat a well balanced diet-but avoid sticky or chewy foods that can damage your braces and increase your risk for cavities.
- Continue to visit your dentist and hygienist for regular checkups.